- List the characteristic used to classify tissues into one of the four major tissue types.
- List the features that characterize epithelium.
- Describe the characteristics that are used to classify the various epithelial types.
- For each epithelial type, list its number of cell layers, cell shapes, major cellular organelles, and surface specialization and the functions to which each type is adapted.
- Explain why junctional complexes between cells are important to the normal function of epithelium.
- Define the term gland, and describe the two major categories of glands.
- List the features that characterize connective tissue.
- List the major large molecules of the connective tissue matrix, and explain their functions in the matrix.
- List the major categories of connective tissue, and describe the characteristics of each.
- List the general characteristics of muscle.
- Name the main types of muscles, and list their major characteristics.
- Describe the characteristics of nervous tissue.
- Name the three embryonic germ layers, and describe the function of mesenchyme.
- List the functional and structural characteristics of serious, mucous, and synovial membranes.
- Describe the process of inflammation, and explain why inflammation is protective to the body.
- Describe the major events involved in tissue repair
want to see more